Yet one in five women experience sexual violence and one in four women experience violence by a current or former partner.
We can’t let this continue. We must act now.
Our Government must act to:
- Create cultural change to prevent violence and promote gender equality
- Provide immediate and ongoing support for people experiencing violence
- Ensure people experiencing violence have a safe home
- Ensure people experiencing violence can access justice safely
- Enable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to lead change to end violence
- Be accountable to specialist workers and the wider community
It’s time to act now to ensure every person can live free from violence.
It’s time to make NSW A Safe State.